gtklick is a simple metronome with an easy-to-use GTK interface.
- Native support for JACK.
- Four different sounds to choose from.
- Arbitrary meters and beat patterns.
- Speed trainer (gradually getting faster while playing).
- Profiles can be saved and restored later.
gtklick is implemented as a frontend to klick. It's written in Python and communicates with klick via OSC.
- Debian / Ubuntu (→install)
- Ubuntu Karmic (PPA)
- openSUSE (Packman)
- Arch Linux (AUR)
- Gentoo (gtklick-overlay)
./setup.py build ./setup.py install
gtklick takes too long to start:
On some systems gtklick may take 10 seconds or more to start. This is caused by a bug in older versions of liblo (which are unfortunately still shipped with some recent distributions). It's recommended that you upgrade liblo to the latest version.