klick is an advanced command-line based metronome for JACK. It allows you to define complex tempo maps for entire songs or performances.
- Support for tempo maps, including arbitrary meters, tempo changes, accelerando/ritardando and more.
- Four built-in sounds (borrowed from Ardour, GTick and FreePats), plus ability to load your own samples.
- JACK transport sync support (master/slave).
- Exporting click tracks to audio files.
- Many features can be controlled via OSC.
- No GUI ;)
gtklick is a simple GUI metronome based on klick.
- Debian / Ubuntu (→install)
- Ubuntu before Lucid (PPA)
- openSUSE (Packman)
- Arch Linux (AUR)
- Gentoo (gtklick-overlay)
In the klick source directory, run:
and then, as root:
Run klick -h for a brief list of command line options.
For more detailed information, see the Manual.
klick2ardour.py is a Python script that reads klick tempo maps and writes them to Ardour session files. It does not create new Ardour sessions, but replaces all tempo/meter changes and position markers in existing sessions.
python klick2ardour.py <tempomap> <ardour-session-file>
The session should not be open in Ardour while running this script. And don't try this on any valuable Ardour session without making a backup copy beforehand :)